Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Before wrapping things up

This will probably be my last blog post within the period of GSoC. I have come a long way from the being selected, then clearing the mid-term evaluation, now to the end of GSoC. The journey was quite great. I get to learn Genie(programming language), got a little glimpse of XMPP and lastly some flavour of Gtk(which is actually GIMP Toolkit not Graphical Toolkit what I used to think).

I would not have reached this far without the help of the mentors, specially anthuswilliams and Arc. Despite the difference in time zone, I didn't face much difficulty contacting them, though they are mostly available in IRC. I would like to thank them for their help and support and also giving me the opportunity to work as a GSoC student. Lastly, I would like to thank Google for organizing such an event where many students can participate and get exposed to real-life software development.

Thank you everyone for giving me such an exiting and sleepless summer( I used to code at night. :-P)

No comments: